Saturday, May 26, 2012

Citron Scarf/Shawl

Citron Scarf in scrap sock yarn

Once again I fell in love with one of the free patterns on Knitty, Citron.  I started this project in a striped sock yarn. Got about 10” into it & realized that although the color/striping looked pretty good I really didn’t like the hand - way too dry & rough. 


So I started on another one using a lovely soft alpaca, Misti Alpaca Hand Paint Lace Weight Yarn. I used colorway 29 which is a very subtle, and I'd like to do another one using one of their more colorful dyes.  The alpaca is really soft and cuddly, but very light and comfortable to wear. The interesting shape makes it look great no matter how you throw it on. I ended up doing 7 repeats. Great size. Great weight. Perfect for warm climates. I didn't block it because I like the loose, fluttery look it has. I think it's a bit looser than the original pattern looks that's knit up in Malabrigo Yarn - Lace Baby Merino Yarn. I love the blue colorway that's linked here. And it's a great price. It's pretty quick and easy to knit so I think I'll give it a try.
Citron Scarf in Misti Alpaca Yarn (col. 29)
closeup of Citron Scarf

No comments:

Post a Comment