Monday, January 18, 2010
Finally finished this Noro stripe scarf. I've had the how-to notes scribbled on a scrap of paper on my desk that I uncovered during my end of year cleaning. It came from a 2007 post on the Brooklyntweed blog.
When I finally got around to it, it couldn't have been quicker or easier. And it's far more interesting & complicated looking than it actually is.
I used 2 skeins of Noro Kureyon - one each in color 90 & 220.
Using US7 needles I cast on 39 stitches using cable cast on. To keep the edges neat & tidy I slipped the first stitch of each row as if to purl. I worked 1 x 1 rib until I didn't have any yarn left. Ended up being 7" by about 75". A great length and just the right width to length proportion.
I finished a second scarf using the same technique - this time in Noro Silk Garden, colors 279 & 267.